Client Focused, Results & Outcome Driven
Khoury Lawyers successfully resolves disputes, and should a matter not be capable of resolution, will advocate on your behalf in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal or Court.
What will you expect from Khoury Lawyers
- Practical, timely and value driven advice;
- Responsive and resolution focused representation;
- Outcome driven.
Strata Advice & Litigation services
The services include strata advice, general strata advice regarding strata management agency agreements, strata by law advice, by-law drafting, consolidation and registration, strata dispute advice, breach of strata by-laws and enforcement, insurance claims, levy recovery advice and enforcement. This also incluees high level litigation services including building defect disputes and appeals, home warranty insurance claims and general insurance claims including appeals.
Legal involvement and representation of strata disputes including litigation involving breach of by-laws and breaches of the Strata Schemes Management Act and Regulations.
Appearance and representation in all courts including the Supreme Court, NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, District Court, Land and Environment Court and Local Court.
- Strata advice, by law advice, disputes including levy recovery;
- Large scale building defect claims, disputes and appeals;
- Home warranty insurance claims and general insurance claims;
- Acting on behalf of a number of Owners Corporations in relation to large defect claims including claims under the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020. Successfully resolving large scale defect claims;
- Acting for home owners in excess of $1million build and advising on contractual rights, variation disputes, project disputes and successfully resolving;
- Advising home owners and Owners Corporations on rights under the Home Building Act 1989 and Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020;
- Acting on behalf of a number of Owners Corporations in relation to lot owners’ breaches of by-laws and enforcement in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal;
- Advising on retaining wall and fence matters and mitigation.
Building & Construction front & back end services
Including: contract advisory, contract drafting, large scale building and construction litigation, large scale building defect disputes, matters evolving around the NSW Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act and carrying out work at all stages including drafting Payment Claims, Payment Schedules, Adjudication Applications and Adjudication Responses, commercial disputes, debt recovery, and insolvency, commercial litigation and contractual disputes. Attending to matters regarding the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020.
Review and drafting Contracts relating to but not limited to: AS4000, Master Builders, NSW Fair Trading and the Housing Industry of Association (HIA), Subcontractor Agreements and Trade contracts.
The work also includes advising and mitigation of project disputes, extension of time and variation disputes.
- Contract drafting and review;
- Building and construction advisory services on all contracts;
- Building and construction litigation and alternative dispute resolution and defence;
- Matters evolving around the NSW Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act and
carrying out work at all stages including drafting Payment Claims, Payment Schedules, Adjudication Applications and Adjudication Responses
- Project disputes;
- Extension of time claims and variation claims and advice;
- General construction advice;
- Workplace health and safety advice and defence;
- Acting on behalf of contractors and subcontractors on contractual advice and dispute mitigation including debt recovery;
- Representing contractors and large companies in Court proceedings including the District Court in relation to project management disputes and claims under the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020;
- Acting for building companies in relation to debt recovery and defect claims as against subcontractor and resolving.
Commercial Litigation & General Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Federal Court proceedings as a result of debt recovery claims;
- Insolvency and winding up proceedings advice and legal representation;
- Contractual claims and disputes including legal representation in the Tribunal and Courts;
- Access to neighbouring land act matters including obtaining access orders, dividing fence applications and hearings.
Environmental Planning and Assessment
Planning and environment matters in the Land and Environment Court including:
- Class 1, Class 2, Class 3 and Class 4 proceedings
- legal representation at section 34 hearings, conciliation conferences, motions and hearings.
- Legal advice regarding strata renewal matters.